Seneca Hill Private School has had 0 confirmed cases of COVID-19 throughout the 2019/20 and 2020/21 School Year.
Will in-person classes be open during COVID-19?
Yes. Our in-person classes resumed for the 2020/21 school year starting on September 8, 2020 with significant safety protocols in place.
How will the school operate to ensure everyone's safety in class?
The safety of all students, families and staff remains a top priority. We will be taking the following measures:
- All individuals who enter the school are required to wear a mask or face covering.
- We will follow a cohort model and student interaction will be limited within their own grade and with only one homeroom teacher. Students as always, will have plenty of outdoor time, gym time and social time with classmates.
- Pick-up and drop-off of students will take place at the main entrance doors where there will be screening and temperature checks. Pick-up and drop-off times will be staggered to minimize the traffic.
- We have enhanced our cleaning and sterilizing protocols. All high traffic areas including desks, handrails, door handles, and surfaces will be frequently washed and sterilized.
- Any staff or student who is experiencing a fever or symptoms will be asked to stay at home and not permitted in the school until they have a clean bill of health.
We willbe monitoring all government guidelines and adjusting our protocols accordingly.
Are parents or visitors allowed into the school?
To limit the traffic in the school, parents and visitors will not be permitted in the school, unless absolutely necessary. Parents will be asked to wait at the door for their child during pick up and drop off. If a parent has any questions or concerns, phone or video conferences can be arranged with our staff.
Are masks required?
All staff and adults who enter the school are required to wear a mask or face covering. Children over the age of 4 must also wear a mask.
What are the school day hours?
Our in-person academic program runs from 8:45am – 4:00pm.
Extended morning hours for drop off are from 7:30am – 8:45am and extended afternoon hours for pick up run from 4:00pm – 5:30pm.
What can I do to protect myself and others?
As usual, practicing good hand hygiene is an easy way to stop the spread of any germs. This includes washing hands with soap and water, using hand sanitizer, coughing or sneezing into your elbow, and staying at home if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
Practice physical distancing, stay at least 2 meters away from each other or allowing others to pass before proceeding.
Guidance from public health authorities indicates that passing encounters such as walking by someone with COVID-19 or being briefly in the same room at less than two meters is not be considered a close contact and does not put you at an increased risk of Infection.
Those with symptoms should stay home.
What will happen if there is a second wave of the pandemic?
We understand concerns about a possible second wave of the pandemic and will be prepared to move all classes to a virtual platform if necessary. We will continue to follow the requirements of government and public health authorities, while also having plans in place for a transition to virtual learning from in-person classes if necessary.
Will lunch still be provided?
We welcome families to get in touch with us and learn more about how our school can help unlock the potential in your child. We would be happy to arrange for a private tour to see our campus and facilities, arrange a call, or set up a video conference with our principal. To book an appointment please contact us at 416.499.8790 or [email protected].
Directions: We are located at Don Mills and Lawrence, adjacent to the Shops on Don Mills.
Address: 33 Overland Drive North York, Ontario M3C 2C3
Email: [email protected]